- Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sleep Deprived, Delirious, and Posting

My mom told me I should update my blog. She knows. Haha. I am so behind. Always. So Mom, this is for you.

Today is my birthday, in case you haven't checked your Facebook yet. I have just spent the last 12 hours on a bus from Assisi back to Gaming. I slept the entire way back. YASSS. But I'm still exhausted.

The one thing people fail to mention when you ask them about their experience studying abroad is how much work, stress, planning, and exhaustion is involved. I have never been so tired in my entire life. Not even during senior year of high school when I woke up to my mom pressing her ear to my chest to check if I were still breathing after sleeping for 16 hours straight.

There is so much that goes into travel and studying than I could have ever imagined. The semester has been the most hectic, but also the most rewarding. I have seen so many different places and experienced so many different cultures. As corny as this line is, it really is priceless. I wouldn't trade all the sleep and non-gray hairs for this.

If you are ever on the fence about studying abroad or traveling, I say take the plunge. Take the leap of faith and just do it. All the sketchy hostels and people I've encountered just add to my life experiences. Even though my parents may not think so. Haha. But really, I've grown more in the past three months than I would have ever thought I could.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, I love studying in Europe. And with that, I'm out. My bed awaits.

xx, Adri 




1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday was full of fun and sleep! Can't wait to hear more about your amazing experiences!

    ReplyDelete