- Sunday, September 21, 2014

40 shades of green

This post is long overdue, I know. I had the beginnings of such a nice long post written out, but I decided to just post some of the pictures I took while I was in Ireland. They say a picture says a thousand words, so here's about a billion.

I suggest listening to 40 Shades of Green by Johnny Cash or Galway Girl by Steve Earle to set the mood... Haha(:

Castlebar
(the Faddens' lovely home)

(Ballintubber Abbey, which is where I have made the executive decision to one day get married)

Knock
(A Marian apparition site - SO beautiful)

We went to Galway next, but all the pictures I have are just me and some other people standing at this dock. It's not too exciting. But I love, love, love this city. One of the days we were in Galway, we took a tour through Connemare. We got to see the gorgeous countryside, Kylemore Abbey (which makes me think of Pemberley, the Pride and Prejudice nerd that I am), Cong (where the film The Quiet Man was filmed), and a ruined Franciscan monastery. I think this was the highlight of my trip to Ireland. I definitely recommend visiting Connemara when you go to Ireland. It is exactly what you picture when you think of Ireland: the rolling hills, sheep, so green, Connemare ponies, mountains that seem to rise out of no where. I know I said I would let the pictures speak for themselves, so let's continue...

Cliffs of Moher

Dingle
(one of the cutest, little towns)

Dublin
(We were only out in the town for a matter of hours, so here's a single picture of Trinity College.)

Hopefully that wasn't too painful. I loved Ireland. I really did. I would go back many times over.

I also promise to post a new entry on my travels within Austria soon!!

xx Adri

1 comment:

  1. AHH Ireland looks so beautiful!! The landscapes are gorgeous and you are too cute. Glad you're having so much fun!

    Love,
    Mikka

    ReplyDelete